Academy students are known as high achievers with big hearts. They excel at academics, athletics, visual and performing arts, and a variety of extracurricular activities. Each year, our teams, clubs, and individual students are recognized for local, regional, and national achievements, and we are very proud of them! Here’s a small sampling of what our students have achieved this year:
- Math teacher Jason Zuffranieri competed in the 2021 Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions.
- Senior Jacob Roberts-Baca released a game, developed in part through an independent study.
- The mock trial team finished third in the nation.
- Swim coach Dave Barney retired after 42 state championships.
- Eleven seniors committed to college athletics.
- The Academy offered a new molecular genetics course in partnership with Stanford.
- Melinda Modisette ’21 was named a Presidential Scholar.
- Senior Matthew Miller filed a patent for a laser weapon bay door.
- The Academy introduced a new teacher fellowship program.
- The new Esports took took the state title.
- Akilan Sankaran ’25 was named state Mathcounts champ.
Read all of the latest Academy news here.