For Fall 2017
All applicants to Albuquerque Academy need to complete the materials listed in Parts I and II below:
Part I: Apply Online
2. Authority to release school records
4. Application fee: $25 early-bird — by December 15; $65 — after December 15
5. Registration for entrance examination.
Out-of-state applicants who cannot test at Albuquerque Academy must call the Admission Office for alternative testing instructions.
After the Admission Office receives the above items 1-5, and processes your application, you will receive a confirmation letter with further instructions. You then will need to complete items 1 and 2 below.
1. Interview: As soon as you receive our letter confirming receipt of your application, call the Admission Office, 505-828-3208, to schedule your child’s interview.
2. Recommendation Forms: Beginning in October, teacher recommendation forms will be sent to all applicants who have completed items 1-5 above. Near the end of the first semester, give these forms to your child's current English and mathematics instructors. These must be mailed to the Academy by the teachers in the envelope provided by February 1, 2017. All recommendations are confidential and not available to parents or applicants. Recommendations will not be accepted if delivered by applicants or parents.
If you have questions, please call the Admission Office at 505-828-3208.
Albuquerque Academy is an independent, college-preparatory day school for students in grades 6 through 12. Albuquerque Academy does not discriminate against otherwise qualified students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, spousal affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation and makes reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students with physical or mental disabilities.