Thank you for your interest in Albuquerque Academy for the 2017-18 school year. You may begin the financial assistance application process any time after November 1, 2016. Unfortunately, there is no additional financial assistance available for the 2016-17 school year.
Albuquerque Academy partners with School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools
, in our financial assistance process. To apply, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to http://sssbynais.org/parents
by the February 22, 2017 deadline.
2. You will be asked to create an account with your e-mail address and a password. If you applied for financial assistance last year, simply log in as a returning family, using the e-mail address and password you set up last year.
3. Begin the PFS. You may find it helpful to download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to it for on-screen help and guidance along the way. You may log out of the PFS application at any time and return to it later.
4. When you have completed the application, submit it and pay the non-refundable application fee.
5. Print two copies of the PFS and keep one for your records and send one to the Financial Assistance Office at Albuquerque Academy (6400 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109). This will be a 4-5 page form summarizing the questions you answered on the application form. The Financial Assistance Office will not officially open your file until receiving this document.
6. Follow the instructions provided by SSS and upload a copy of your 2016 taxes, W2's, and all supporting schedules, including partnership/sole proprietorship/ and/or corporate returns if applicable. Please note that you will need to complete your taxes early enough to meet the February 22, 2017 date for filing an application. Please note that this step cannot be completed until you have paid the non-refundable SSS application fee.
If parents are divorced, separated, or never married
, the custodial, non-custodial, or parents sharing joint custody must independently follow all of the steps above.If you are requesting a non-custodial parent waiver
, please download and complete the form on the right side of this page and submit it to the Financial Assistance Office.All information related to the parents' financial circumstances will be treated confidentially. These forms will only be used to arrive at a fair determination of financial need.
Questions? Call SSS at 800-344-8328, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST.