Parent engagement at Albuquerque Academy is welcomed and encouraged! When parents attend events, volunteer their time, and plug in across campus, our community connections grow, and the Academy experience is enriched for all.
Volunteers provide countless hours of support each year, and we are grateful for the critical roles they play in our community. We appreciate that a wide variety of parent schedules and time commitments means community engagement is not one-size-fits-all. We encourage you to find at least one role each year that suits your unique schedule and is meaningful to you.
To learn more about an opportunity, watch your inbox for ways to get involved, or contact the parent coordinator listed here. (Parent contact information may be found in the Student/Parent Directory in My Backpack.) Opportunities for parent engagement and volunteering include:
- Bookstore volunteer shifts – get involved now!
- Library aide – get involved now!
- School photos – get involved now!
- Advancement team support (annual giving team, special events, galas, auctions, golf tournaments, etc.) – learn more September 16!
- Athletics team/player photos
- Concessions stand volunteer shifts
- Career Day presenter or classroom expert
- Community service
- Desert Oasis Teaching (DOT) Garden
- Faculty appreciation events
- Host an exchange student
- Allies, Friends, and Parents of LGBTQIA+ council
- Multicultural parent councils
- Chargers “on call” for special projects as they arise
All engagement efforts are coordinated in partnership with the advancement office and/or the Albuquerque Academy Parent Association (AAPA), of which all Charger parents are members.
Volunteer Vaccinations Required
With continued adherence to public health orders and putting the health and safety of all individuals on campus at the forefront, parents volunteering their time for a shift on campus are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (one dose of Johnson & Johnson or two doses of Moderna or Pfizer, plus two weeks). Click here to provide proof of vaccination.
Please note that it is not necessary to be vaccinated if you have volunteered, for example, to donate supplies for an event.
Thank you! Your support is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.