Albuquerque Academy uses Magnus Health SMR to manage student health records. As this is a web-based system, parents have continuous access to their child’s health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed. You will also have the option to access the account after your child graduates. For details about health forms, read this message from the school nurse.
Magnus Health App
Easy to use, with features such as personalized to-do screens and reminders. Toggle between different accounts to access parents accounts for all of your children across different schools. Upload documents, files, images, and photos. If you use the old Magnus Health app, your existing credentials will work in the new app. Visit the quick start guide.
Help with Magnus
There are two types of requirements:
- Online data entry: Enter data or answer questions online
- Required forms: Download, print, and fill out forms, get forms signed by your student’s health care provider, then upload completed forms.
- Once you click on your student’s name in Magnus you will see a list of requirements and their status
- Locate the requirement you want to complete and click the icon in the actions column for that requirement
- For the requirements that consist of downloading forms, click on the paper icon in the blank form column & then click on “Print”
- The forms will open in the window with a cover page and the form.
- Print all pages, complete the forms, and get them signed by your student’s health care provider as indicated.
- You then have 3 options to submit completed forms (NOTE: DO NOT send health forms to the school)
- You can fax forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can mail forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can upload forms directly to the Magnus website by:
- Scanning or taking pictures of all the pages, excluding the cover page. (Please note that photos must be clear/focused without cutting off part of the form. Make sure the form fills the entire screen, supported file types: pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, or gif).
- To upload the file(s), click on the “Turn it in” icon for the requirement in the action column and choose the file(s) to upload.
- Once the form has been reviewed and approved by our school health office the status will change to completed.
- You will receive reminder emails until each requirement in your account is complete. To see which requirements are outstanding, log in to your account and view your tracker status.
Where do I find a list of frequently asked questions about Magnus Health SMR?
You can find this, as well as a searchable knowledge base, on the on Magnus website.
How do I reach Magnus with questions about the Magnus SMR Website?
The help desk is open Monday thru Friday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Their number is: 1-877-461-6831.
- You can also email the help desk via the Magnus website. Click the orange Magnus Help button. Then select that you are a parent. There are great step-by-step articles there to assist you with most of your questions. You can also email Magnus right from there.
Where do I find all of the medical and school forms that used to come in the student packet or were posted on the school website?
They are now all available through the Magnus website. After you log in you will see your student(s)’s name(s) with their requirements at the front desk. You will click on each individual requirement, and it will give you the option to print the form.
How do you keep my child’s health information secure?
Maintaining the security and privacy of our student records, including health records, is of the utmost importance to Albuquerque Academy. Upon considering the move to online health record-keeping, Albuquerque Academy thoroughly investigated the privacy issue and has been satisfied by the scope and depth of Magnus Health’s policy and procedures. Our school feels that the physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that Magnus Health has outlined for us meet our own commitment to keeping our students’ records secure. Magnus Health is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information received from all users. They adhere to HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI related standards of privacy and security. You can read about the Magnus approach to security in detail via the link on our AA website, or click here. We also ask that you manage your account to ensure security. Please do not share passwords or cover pages to ensure account integrity.
- Log in to Magnus.
- Select Student Health Tracker.
- Click the edit button beside “Immunization Form.”
- Select “Yes, Continue” to add a form.
- Select “Yes, Submit” on the following screen.
- Provide the information.
If your child is vaccinated, they do not need to quarantine after an exposure to COVID.
To help prevent the spread of illness at school, please keep your student home in the following circumstances:
- The first 24 hours on antibiotic treatment
- Until at least 24 hours have passed since your student has been fever-free (over 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit) without the use of fever-reducing medications (such as Tylenol or Advil)
- Until at least 24 hours have passed since an active vomiting or diarrhea episode
- Any untreated or undiagnosed rash
- If your student is at the onset of any illness and is not feeling well enough to attend school
Please contact the Health Office at 858-8876 if your student tests positive for COVID 19.