Albuquerque Academy uses Magnus Health SMR to manage student health records. As this is a web-based system, parents have continuous access to their child’s health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed. You will also have the option to access the account after your child graduates.
Help with Magnus
There are two types of requirements:
- Online data entry: Enter data or answer questions online
- Required forms: Download, print, and fill out forms, get forms signed by your student’s health care provider, then upload completed forms.
- Once you click on your student’s name in Magnus you will see a list of requirements and their status
- Locate the requirement you want to complete and click the icon in the actions column for that requirement
- For the requirements that consist of downloading forms, click on the paper icon in the blank form column & then click on “Print”
- The forms will open in the window with a cover page and the form.
- Print all pages, complete the forms, and get them signed by your student’s health care provider as indicated.
- You then have 3 options to submit completed forms (NOTE: DO NOT send health forms to the school)
- You can fax forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can mail forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can upload forms directly to the Magnus website by:
- Scanning or taking pictures of all the pages, excluding the cover page. (Please note that photos must be clear/focused without cutting off part of the form. Make sure the form fills the entire screen, supported file types: pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, or gif).
- To upload the file(s), click on the “Turn it in” icon for the requirement in the action column and choose the file(s) to upload.
- Once the form has been reviewed and approved by our school health office the status will change to completed.
- You will receive reminder emails until each requirement in your account is complete. To see which requirements are outstanding, log in to your account and view your tracker status.
Where do I find a list of frequently asked questions about Magnus Health SMR?
You can find this, as well as a searchable knowledge base, on the on Magnus website.
How do I reach Magnus with questions about the Magnus SMR Website?
The help desk is open Monday thru Friday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Their number is: 1-877-461-6831.
- You can also email the help desk via the Magnus website. Click the orange Magnus Help button. Then select that you are a parent. There are great step-by-step articles there to assist you with most of your questions. You can also email Magnus right from there.
Where do I find all of the medical and school forms that used to come in the student packet or were posted on the school website?
They are now all available through the Magnus website. After you log in you will see your student(s)’s name(s) with their requirements at the front desk. You will click on each individual requirement, and it will give you the option to print the form.
How do you keep my child’s health information secure?
Maintaining the security and privacy of our student records, including health records, is of the utmost importance to Albuquerque Academy. Upon considering the move to online health record-keeping, Albuquerque Academy thoroughly investigated the privacy issue and has been satisfied by the scope and depth of Magnus Health’s policy and procedures. Our school feels that the physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that Magnus Health has outlined for us meet our own commitment to keeping our students’ records secure. Magnus Health is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information received from all users. They adhere to HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI related standards of privacy and security. You can read about the Magnus approach to security in detail via the link on our AA website, or click here. We also ask that you manage your account to ensure security. Please do not share passwords or cover pages to ensure account integrity.
With cold and flu season in full swing, the Albuquerque Academy Health Office wanted to extend our well wishes for health and healing. In order to facilitate improved health outcomes, please remember the following:
- Cough into elbows and not hands.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Practice this especially before and after eating, after using the restroom, and after blowing nose/coughing/sneezing.
- Proper hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of communicable disease!
Furthermore, please keep your students home from school if they meet the following criteria:
- Active vomiting or diarrhea – need to stay home 24 hours symptom-free
- Fever/chills/generalized body aches – need to stay home 24 hours fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications
- The first 24 hours of various antibiotic treatments (ex: strep throat, pink eye, etc.)
- Undiagnosed, new, and/or untreated rash or skin condition
These policies are also covered in the Parent/Student Handbook on page 24.
Students presenting to the Health Office with the above conditions will be sent home. With the severity of illness this season, please keep these policies in mind to help us keep our community safe and healthy. Please contact School Nurse Shelby Parsons with any further questions.