Transition from FACTS to New Billing System
During Summer 2022, Albuquerque Academy will be replacing My Backpack with a new database system called ChargerHub. Although ChargerHub will launch officially in August, student billing will be activated sooner to manage the first tuition payments of the 2022-23 school year.
Families, please refer to the emails you received on May 11 and May 12 about setting up your new account and the reminder email sent on May 31.
If you need us to resend the welcome email or if you have questions about logging in to your ChargerHub account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the new system or your family’s billing options, please contact Director of Finance Sandy Timmons at email@example.com or (505) 828-3226.
Albuquerque Academy utilizes FACTS Management Company (FACTS), a third party payment processor, for all of our student billing.
Parents/Guardians are able to change their regularly scheduled payment date in FACTS if the need arises. Please note you may only change the scheduled payment date within the same month. Please refer to the FAQ section for the link to instructions. For billing and payment questions, please contact Joan Eastburn.
The plans listed below are offered by Albuquerque Academy. The payment methods offered are credit card or Automatic Clearing House (ACH) from a bank account. Please note, if you elect to pay using a credit card there will be a credit card processing fee of 2.85% assessed by FACTS on each payment. FACTS will assess a $45 one-time annual enrollment fee on all payment plans. The annual fees are established by FACTS and may increase from year-to-year. Any changes in the annual fee will be communicated to Academy families with enrollment contracts.
Payment in Full: Tuition paid in full no later than August 1st.
Semi-Annual Payments: Tuition paid in two installments due on August 1st and December 1st.
Monthly Payments: Tuition is paid over 10 or 12 monthly payments based on the preference of the family.
Bi-Monthly Payments: Tuition is paid over 10 or 12 months with bi-weekly payments being made, resulting in 20 or 24 payments being made.
The Academy offers a school-year accident insurance plan at a minimal cost for all enrolled students. The plan provides reimbursement for medical expenses resulting from student accidents at home, at school, or abroad. There is no limit to the number of accident claims that can be filed during the academic year for each student, and each claim may cover up to a maximum of $1,000 in out-of-pocket medical expenses. This plan is available at a cost of $30 for the 2021-22 academic school year.
For a complete description of accident insurance, click here.
If you have purchased accident insurance, please click here to view the certificate of insurance and read more about the policy benefits and provisions.
In order for the Academy to provide its exceptional educational opportunities to all students, we depend upon our families remaining current with all tuition and incidental balances owed. If an amount becomes delinquent the Academy will do one of or a combination of the following:
- Withhold semester grades;
- Withhold final grades for graduating seniors;
- Withhold transcripts for graduating seniors;
- Withhold enrollment contracts for students returning for the upcoming school year and;
- Withhold student class schedules for the upcoming academic school year.
Additionally, for any balances that are delinquent 31 days past their original due date and exceed $30, the Academy will charge a one-time $30 late fee at each occurrence of delinquency to your FACTS account, up to an annual maximum of $500.
Albuquerque Academy has made arrangements with Dewar Tuition Refund Plan to help protect the interests of our families in the event of a student’s withdrawal. In the event that a tuition-refund insurance claim is filed, the insurance will cover, on a pro-rated basis, the family’s remaining obligation to the Academy for the current school year, following the student’s withdrawal or dismissal. The Academy’s Business Office can provide an estimate of how much the insurance will cover and the amount of the remaining family obligation to the Academy.
Levels of coverage are:
- Medical absences or withdrawals that last more than four consecutive days may be covered at 75% (certain restrictions apply, refer to additional detail in the brochure);
- Mental health conditions that require a student to withdraw for more than four consecutive days may be covered at 75% (certain restrictions apply, refer to additional detail in the brochure);
- Non-medical withdrawals that occur after a student has attended more than fourteen consecutive calendar days, beginning with the student’s first day of attendance in the current academic year, may be covered at 75%;
- Dismissals that occur after a student has attended more than 14 consecutive calendar days, beginning with the student’s first day of attendance in the current academic year, are covered at 75%.
This plan is available at a cost of $190.43 for the 2021-22 academic school year. For a complete description of tuition refund insurance, click here to view the brochure.
If you have purchased tuition refund insurance, please click here to view the certificate of insurance and read more about the policy benefits and provisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
All parents and guardians of Academy students are members of the Parents’ Association. The annual membership dues of $25 per family is charged to your student’s FACTS account in July and payment is withdrawn on August 1.
You can update the following information. Visit the FACTS website for more information.
- Contact Information (address, phone, email)
- Authorized Parties
- Financial Accounts
- Correspondence and notification settings
- Username, password and security questions
- Payment due date (If you need to reschedule payments in a future month, please contact Joan Eastburn at 505-828-3236.)
The full premium will be charged to your student’s FACTS account in July and payment is withdrawn on August 1.
Financial Assistance awards are posted to your student’s FACTS account during the month of June, prior to your first scheduled payment date. If you have specific questions about financial assistance, please contact Financial Aid Officer Emily Kienzle, (505) 828-3232.