Please note that this policy applies only to your personal information collected at aa.edu. It does not apply to information collected through other means, including affiliates’ websites. Please refer to affiliates’ websites/applications for their privacy policies.
When you visit aa.edu, we may collect information from you such as:
- Personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide in website forms, such as name, email address, student ID, phone number, and other details to meet a specific need
- Information about your use of aa.edu, collected automatically as you navigate the site to provide general statistics regarding website use
- Information about the hardware and software you use to access aa.edu, such as your operating system, IP address, browser type, access times, and referring website addresses, details used to provide general statistics regarding website use
Protecting Your Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Within our website, there are links that go outside of our site. They include, for example:
- Operational partners like My Backpack, Magnus Health, and Ravenna that help us manage important school operations
- Educational partners like Global Online Academy and SCOIR as well as resources such as the College Board and Khan Academy
- A donation management website, GiveCampus
- Sites that help us manage event and volunteer registrations
- The Academy’s social media accounts
- News sites, allowing us to share media coverage of Academy students and alumni
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Last policy edit on July 21, 2021