Students undertake the main work of researching, choosing, and applying to colleges under the guidance of a college adviser, who is assigned to the student at the start of 10th grade.
The Charger CGO supports this important work by the students in the following ways:
- develop and implement grade-level appropriate programs and services in college counseling, admission, and financial aid
- provide up-to-date resources to inform students and their families about topics and trends in the college search and admissions process
- help students identify and attain higher education goals through individual counseling appointments, family meetings, and student-centered classes and workshops
- empower students with current and innovative online tools for research and college selection
- serve as trusted, thoughtful advisers in decision-making about coursework, testing, college choices, applications, and financial aid
- prepare and submit supporting documents to college admission offices