Enroll HERE! (For pre-approved 2021 applicants ONLY – all others will be removed.)
You MUST enroll your MSHP student on the Think Summer online registration site even though they’ve already been accepted into MSHP. Enrollment is April 26 – May 20. Your child will not be able to participate in the Multicultural Summer Honors Program until enrolled.
2021 MSHP Recipients. As summer approaches, we know you are eager to hear about our plans for your child to attend the program. There has been a lot of planning in the Think Academy Programs office over the past year for summer 2021.
There are important dates and limitations you need to know about:
- Our 2021 program will run six weeks, June 7 – July 16.
- Students agree to attend and fully participate in the entire six-week program.
- Multicultural Summer Honors Program will be 8:10 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- Summer Honors students may add a P.M. Learning Pod to build a full-day—plus Extended Care, if needed (as long as there are no unsupervised gaps in your child’s daily schedule).
- Multicultural Summer Honors Program will be in-person.
- 12 students or less per cohort
- 70 students total in the MSHP
- Student Cohorting
- Cohort classmates remain together entire six weeks for MSHP.
- Teachers (not students) rotate between MSHP classrooms.
- Masks + Social Distancing Required
- Limited Contact Points
- Please continue to check your email and our website for the most up-to-date information.
Keeping our school community safe this summer means we’ve changed things up. A LOT. Student cohorting. Reduced capacity. Masks + social distancing. Limited contact points throughout the day. Staying home when you’re sick. Your signature on our Community Pledge. This year won’t look like other years. The structure of the MSHP program is different this year, but rest assured…the magic is still the same! We can SO do this. Working together, we’ll keep our school community healthy and safe!
Albuquerque Academy’s safety protocols meet or exceed DOH/PED requirements. We are monitoring COVID safe practices with communication and guidance from:
- New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
• MAY 20
Last day to enroll your child in the online registration process for 2021 accepted MSHP students.
• MAY 21-28
Think Academy Summer office CLOSED.
• JUNE 6
Drive-through Open House – Details to follow via email.
• JUNE 7
Multicultural Summer Honors Program BEGINS!
• JULY 5
Think Summer/MSHP CLOSED for Independence Day Observed.
• JULY 16
Think Summer/MSHP ENDS.
June 7 – July 16, 2021
Albuquerque Academy’s Multicultural Summer Honors Program is a six-week, half-day summer scholarship program for academically talented and motivated African American, Native American, Hispanic, and other students. Students currently in the 3rd or 4th grade are eligible.
Each year, Summer Honors scholarship recipients receive tuition-free scholarships equal to the cost of four class periods.
For more information about this outreach program for 2021 and beyond, for academically strong current 3rd and 4th graders, please feel free to contact us.
Think Academy Programs Virtual Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Our office is currently closed to in-person meetings. You are welcome to contact us via email or phone.
Jade Valenzula, Director of Diversity and Inclusion – email@example.com /505.828.3390
Jenna Loya, Client and Business Operations Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org / 505.858.8811