Thank you to all the families who submitted an application! Decisions have been emailed to all families.
REGISTRATION for the Multicultural Summer Honors Program is March 2-14. The registration link will be shared with families once they have communicated to our office that they accept the scholarship offered. Please call our office (505.858.8811) to inform us of your decision.
Albuquerque Academy’s Multicultural Summer Honors Program is a six-week summer program for academically talented and motivated African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian American, and other students. Students in the third or fourth grades may apply. Up to 100 students are selected for this scholarship program that fosters a joy of learning and an appreciation for other cultures. Summer Honors scholarship recipients are introduced to Albuquerque Academy through academically challenging courses that not only encourage critical thinking and problem-solving strategies, but also enhance and refine each student’s proficiency in core subjects.
What do students do at the Multicultural Summer Honors Program?
- Culture Through the Arts: Students study Native American, African American, Hispanic, and other cultures from a unique anthropological perspective that emphasizes hands-on projects and the joy of creative self-expression. This course deepens students’ awareness of their own cultures while encouraging them to grow in their understanding of other cultures.
- Math: Students receive grade and/or skill-appropriate math enrichments.
- Writing, Reading & Literature Workshop: Based on the highly successful National Writing Project and Six Traits of Writing models, this workshop emphasizes reading and writing as integrated activities to develop independent writers.
Program Hours (NEW: Full Day Option)
8:10-12:05 p.m. REQUIRED
- Math (one period)
- Culture Through the Arts (one period)
- Writing, Reading, and Literature Workshop (two periods)
12:05-3:30 p.m. OPTIONAL, includes lunch period (12:05-12:40 p.m.)
- Half Day + Period 5 (ends at 1:30 p.m.)
- Half Day + Periods 5 & 6 (ends at 2:30 p.m.)
- Full Day (Periods 5, 6 & 7, ends at 3:30 p.m.)
A student may attend the Multicultural Summer Honors Program only once.
Health & Safety
- New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)