2022 MSHP Applicants: We know you are eager to hear about the 2022 Multicultural Summer Honors Program! We expect to open the application process in the middle of November. Please call our office at (505) 858-8811 or email Summer_Mail@aa.edu with your questions.
What is the Multicultural Summer Honors Program?
Albuquerque Academy’s Multicultural Summer Honors Program is a six-week summer program for academically talented and motivated African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian American, and other students. Students in the third or fourth grades may apply. Up to 100 students are selected for this scholarship program that fosters a joy of learning and an appreciation for other cultures. Summer Honors scholarship recipients are introduced to Albuquerque Academy through academically challenging courses that not only encourage critical thinking and problem-solving strategies, but also enhance and refine each student’s proficiency in core subjects.
- Culture Through the Arts: Students study Native American, African American, Hispanic, and other cultures from a unique anthropological perspective that emphasizes hands-on projects and the joy of creative self-expression. This course deepens students’ awareness of their own cultures while encouraging them to grow in their understanding of other cultures.
- Math: Students receive grade and/or skill-appropriate math enrichments.
- Writing, Reading & Literature Workshop: Based on the highly successful National Writing Project and Six Traits of Writing models, this workshop emphasizes reading and writing as integrated activities to develop independent writers.
NEW! Summer Honors Program Hours
Health & Safety
- New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)