STEPS FOR STUDENTS APPLYING FOR ADMISSION AS EARLY DECISION FOR GRADE 6
The applications for admission and tuition assistance are separate and simultaneous. You must submit both applications by December 8, for your child to be considered for tuition assistance.
IMPORTANT: There are two different sets of steps and deadlines due to two separate application cycles, Early Decision for Grade 6 or Regular Decision for Grades 6-12. This page is for Early Decision for Grade 6 Applicants. Click here for Regular Decision for Grades 6-12.
Starting in early September:
- The online tuition-assistance application is available at School and Student Services (SSS).
- The online admission application is available on the ChargerHub Admission Portal.
All required items for the tuition-assistance application (listed below) may be submitted as early as September 1, 2022.
- Completed Parent Financial Statement (PFS) on SSS. Your family’s 2022 tax information may not be available by the deadline — please use estimated figures.
- $60 processing fee or fee waiver
- Signed copies of 2020 and 2021 tax return(s) and schedules uploaded
- Your household’s 2020 and 2021 W2s uploaded
- Upon review of your information, Albuquerque Academy reserves the right to require additional documentation.
December 8: Application Deadline for Early Decision for Grade 6 Applicants
Last day for new applicant families to submit all tuition-assistance application items.
January 31: Notification Date for Early Decision for Grade 6 Applicants
Tuition assistance decisions for new applicant families will arrive via email on the same day you receive your child’s admission decision. For students who were approved for assistance, enrollment contracts will be published in the ChargerHub Parent Portal and available for review and electronic submission.
February 8: Contract Deadline for Early Decision for Grade 6 Applicants
Deadline to submit the enrollment contract to accept tuition assistance and reserve your child’s enrollment spot. A $100 per student non-refundable enrollment deposit is charged to families offered tuition assistance. Families who applied but do not qualify for tuition assistance are charged a $1,000 per student non-refundable enrollment deposit.
April 15: Deadline for 2022 Tax Documents
Deadline for newly enrolled tuition-assistance recipients to submit their household’s W2s and signed copies of their 2022 tax return and schedules. Submission of corresponding K-1s, forms 1065 or 1120 along with Schedule E is required for those who have an ownership interest in a partnership or corporation.
Last day to withdraw 2022-23 enrollment contract before the contract and tuition obligation become legally binding.
Questions? Contact Emily Kienzle, Associate Director, Tuition Assistance and Enrollment Management