Think Academy Programs…where children learn, sample, grow – and thrive!
UPDATED March 31, 2020
To our Think Academy Programs parents and students:
To ensure that the school community—as well as the community at large—remains safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Albuquerque Academy campus is closed at this time, but our staff is working remotely throughout the campus-closure period.
Questions? Important Think Academy Summer information
- My family’s economic circumstances have changed because of COVID-19. What are my refund options? As long as you notify us by email by May 18, we will refund 100% of fees paid for summer classes, programs, and camps. Email to Summer_Mail@aa.edu
- Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, I’d like to withdraw from Think Academy Summer. What are my refund options? As long as you notify us by email by May 18, we will refund 100% of fees paid for summer classes, programs and camps. Email to Summer_Mail@aa.edu
- Will Think Academy Summer still happen? We remain cautiously optimistic about going forward with 2020 summer programming. We will continue to closely monitor emerging data and information in conjunction with federal, state, and local requirements and recommendations. Should Albuquerque Academy and/or the appropriate governmental authorities determine that it is in the best interest of our students, faculty, and staff to cease operations, we will cancel summer 2020 programming and notify all participants via email. In the event of program cancellation due to the COVID-19 virus, we will refund 100% of fees paid for summer classes, programs, and camps.
- I applied for student employment with Think Academy Summer. When will I find out if I have a job? Notifications were originally scheduled to go out in mid-April. We now plan to delay notifications until the end of April.
- I registered my child for Think Summer on Super Saturday (March 7). When can I expect my confirmation? Thank you for participating in Super Saturday! Our Think Academy team is working hard to complete your child’s enrollment. Confirmations and financial receipts will be sent via email. If you have not received an email from us by April 15, please contact us at Summer_Mail@aa.edu.
- My child is on a class waitlist. When will I know whether they got in? We will begin to address the waitlist on April 6. Before making a schedule change, we will email you to ensure you would, indeed, like to proceed. We ask that you please respond within one business day.
- How can I make changes to my child’s registration? We’ll be happy to consider your change request beginning April 10. (All change requests are subject to course and program availability.) Please email us with complete details at Summer_Mail@aa.edu and allow up to three working days for a response.
- When will you reopen for registration? The Think Academy Office will reopen when Albuquerque Academy determines it’s safe to have students, faculty, and staff return to campus. We’ll continue to update this page, so please check back for up-to-date information about our revised walk-in registration schedule and course and program availability.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our students and the entire community. School administration will continue to monitor the guidelines issued by health officials as well as the direct impacts on our community—and make decisions in accordance with those guidelines. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Wishing you and your family all the best,
Director, Think Academy Programs
2020 Think Academy Programs
Summer Session: June 1 – July 10
(closed Friday, July 3)
Six-week classes and programs for GRADES K-12.
ThinkIt! Session: July 13 – July 24
Two-week classes and programs for GRADES 1-6.
OPEN HOUSE • 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
THINK SUMMER BEGINS
Elective Schedule Changes (at the discretion/approval of Think Academy staff; change fees apply)
Registration Resumes for ThinkIt! Summer Camp
Last day to register for ThinkIt! Summer Camp
CLOSED – Independence Day Observed
Performance Week, Gallery Showings, and End-of-Program Events
FAMILY NIGHT • 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
THINK SUMMER ENDS
ThinkIt! Summer Camp