…where children learn, sample, grow, and thrive!
Camps • Sports • Math • STEAM • Music • Dance • Swim
WELCOME TO THINK SUMMER
LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!
Think Summer: June 5 – July 14, 2023
NEW! Encore Camps: July 17-21, 2023
Registered Think Summer 2023 families can click the button below to access student schedules, pick-up authorization lists, receipts and household information.
START PLANNING NOW!
Browse the Think Summer 2023 Catalog for ideas to register for in 2024.
Think Summer is a remarkable, one-of-a-kind summer experience for children in pre-grades K–12. During our six-week summer program, we offer flexible camp/class options for every type of schedule. Whether your child would like to enjoy a full-day, a half-day, or just one or two classes, there are many fun and enriching options for your family to explore.
NEW in 2023, Think Summer’s Encore Camp will run during week 7 (after the six-week program) to give families the opportunity to extend their student(s) summer with us.
Learning and development isn’t a static process. It’s dynamic, and happens year-round, not just during the school year. Enrolling your child in Think Summer assures that academic and developmental concepts learned during the school year are solidified, and gives your child a head start in concepts they may learn in the grade they are advancing to. Through academic enrichment and recreational options, to camps and classes, and everything in between, your child will have all the tools they need to succeed and be engaged, while keeping their minds sharp and their bodies active.
Our team is dedicated to providing an exemplary summer experience each year, distinctly setting ourselves apart from other summer programs in the Albuquerque area through unparalleled safety, quality, and value of our program. Think Summer helps foster a life-long commitment to learning in our students through curiosity and enthusiasm, and believes that education and fun go hand-in-hand.
ALL classes and camps assemble Monday-Friday for in both the six week and one week programs, regardless of a single class or full-day student registration.
Think Summer is based off a seven-period day (8:10 a.m.–3:30 p.m.; lunch period from 12:05–12:40 p.m.) Families may chose as many or as little individual classes, full- or half-day camps, block periods, or a combination (up to seven periods) for their student(s), and may also add Extended Care as needed (six week program only).
Pre-grade K-3 students will be supervised at all times, being transitioned to each class/camp, including lunch and Extended Care options.
Course and camp offerings, along with prices, and full class/camp descriptions, will be available in this year’s ThinkBook (coming soon!).
- Academic and/or Recreation
- 8:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Pre-Grades K–6 (elementary-aged students only – students must be 5 years of age by August 31)
- Students are Divided into Groups (by grade and gender)
- Academic and/or Recreation
- Morning and Afternoon Options
- AM Half-Day Camps: 8:10 a.m.–12:05 p.m. (periods 1-4)
- PM Half-Day Camps: 12:05 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (periods lunch–3:30 p.m. – Students must provide their own sack lunch.)
- Block Periods: There may be camps that run two to three periods in length due to the nature of the course material.
- Pre-Grades 1–12
- Academic and/or Recreational (such as Math, Reading, Writing, Science, STEAM, Social Sciences, World Languages, Fine/Performing Arts, Sports & Rec., Pool Activities/Swim)
- Individual Class/Period (each individual class period within the seven-period day is 50 minutes in length)
- Passing Periods are each 10 minutes in length with the exception being between 10:00-10:15 a.m. to give students the opportunity to eat a snack.
- Lunch Period (12:05–12:40 p.m.) Students pre-grade 4 and higher in individual classes may bring a sack lunch, or have the option to purchase lunch from the East Campus Dining Hall. All students in Full-Day Programs or programs that include the lunch period must bring a sack lunch.
- Pre-Grades 1–12
- Thinks Summer provides Extended Care options for students enrolled in Think Summer’s six-week program who need to be supervised beyond the seven-period day.
- Before Care (7:30–8:10 a.m.)
- After Care (3:30–5:45 p.m.)
- Sports Camps and/or Recreation
- Morning Sports Camps and Recreation Camp Options
- Afternoon Adventure Camp Option
- AM Half-Day Camp: 8:10 a.m.–12:05 p.m. (periods 1-4)
- AM Sports Camps: Offered in Block Periods (periods 1-2 and/or periods 3-4)
- PM Lunch + Half-Day Camp: 12:05 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (periods lunch–3:30 p.m. – Students must provide their own sack lunch.)
- Pre-Grades 1–8
Our Think Summer team is dedicated to providing exceptional service and support. Let us know how we can help.
Think Summer Office Hours
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Click Here to Email Our Team
Interested in Team Swim?
Click here to visit Albuquerque Academy’s Charger Aquatics page for more information, or contact the Charger Aquatics office at (505)858-8808.